G.i.s.m. - good as it is
“I have been a guest at Clark Fork River Outfitters for the last seven years. Each visit lasted for one week and involved fly fishing for 5 straight days each trip. The dry fly fishing on the Clark Fork is the best I have ever experienced. Throwing a dry fly to rising trout is a frequent occurrence and hook ups are a thrill. Twenty fish days were often the results.
As someone born in 1987 and who got into underground music around 2001, I have no axe to grind either way, and regard anyone who still carries the old animosity as either an ignoramus or a snob. But for those readers who have always heard about punk and would like to know where to get started, I hope you’ll find this list helpful. For educational purposes, I’ll stick with the early stuff (PS- be sure to check out both the book and film documentary versions of American Hardcore for a good primer). But keep in mind, the spirit is still very much alive, as this video essay from CVLT Nation should prove to anyone feeling pessimistic about punk's future.
- DJ Asparagus vs. Wipe The Needle - Ur Daddy Loves U / Unwind Yo' Self
- Spiritualized - Cheapster
- Mr. Indian & Time - Morning Star
- Front Line Assembly - Corrosion
- Banda Columbia - Marcia Zingaresca / Marcia Palermitana
- amex + Sniper - Electrohorse
- Various - The Regrooved Series VIII
- K. Fanat - Zoo York / Maintain
- Antisocial - Official Hooligan E.P.
- Ansambl "Bedekovčani" Rudolfa Rožmana - Zagorec Se Smije / Čekaj Me Lubavi
- New York Dolls - Manhattan Mayhem
- Johnny Otis And His Orchestra - Barrelhouse Stomp
- Martin Cooper - Goa 2001
- Liquid - Liquid Love
- Obliveon - Carnivore Mothermouth
- KTC - H5N1 (Premaster Demo)
- Team Deejays - Dreamland
- The District Attorneys - Anomaly
- Alex Dolby - Nefesis
- Rafael Puyana - Baroque Masterpieces For The Harpsichord